Full of rich savory flavors, this curry bowl is both satisfying and nutritious. Creamy coconut milk and bright citrus are a great combination with the spice of our Curry Kraut.
1 package cubed firm tofu
1 cup black rice
1 head of cauliflower
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp turmeric
3 cloves garlic
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
Cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a small pot or rice cooker combine 2 cups water, 1 cup of black rice, and 1 tsp salt. Cook covered on low heat until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
3. While rice is cooking, add 1 tbsp coconut oil to a skillet and lightly sauté garlic, zucchini, and tofu over medium heat. Add coconut milk and spices and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Finish with lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside.
4. Remove outer leaves from the cauliflower. Carefully trim stem end, leaving core intact so florets are still attached. Turn cauliflower head core side down; using a chef knife or large serrated knife and cut cauliflower vertically into four 1- to 1 1/4- inch-thick "steaks"
5. In an extra-large oven-going skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add cauliflower steaks; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned on both sides, turning once halfway through cooking time. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven; roast, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Remove cauliflower from skillet; keep warm.
6. Assemble cooked rice, tofu curry, and cauliflower pieces in bowls with Hosta Hill Curry Kraut in the bowl or on the side. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and enjoy!